Being gothic or rave is a complete lifestyle in itself. The party style ranges from music to lights and finally the highly desirable rave clothes. Dressing is the most crucial, yet the most difficult part to decide for the attendees. Both men and women feel really short of ideas when they are trying to look attractive and unique at the same time. The best thing about rave is that you can do whatever you want without getting identified by others as almost all the participants wear the masks.
Some useful suggestions:
The following are some useful suggestions and tips for your gothic clothes:
- Just ease into rave – You shouldn’t just rush into any gothic style. Rather, just ease yourself and gradually get into the style. If it is your first time, then you shouldn’t experiment a lot. It is highly advised to dress safe in order to look smart and unique.
- Determine your style –Such occasions can have many different sense of dressing style. Many of the young people like to dress in a romantic way by wearing nice velvet jackets. There are others who prefer bondage pants, punk, lace items or a spike collar. There are a few who go with goggles, big boots and yarn extensions. Actually, it doesn’t have one particular style. You can choose any style as per your liking.
- Referring to the fashion and film industry – You can get good inspirational ideas by referring to different gothic movies and fashion shows. They portray the true style and flavor of going rave with the right outfit. All good movies and top fashion shows would only give you the best and authentic outfit ideas according to the occasion.
- Check out the thrift stores – Thrift stores can be a great idea in order to get some economical but original rave clothes. You can easily find there some amazing pinstriped trousers, casual sweaters and a number of other similar things. In comparison with the specialty stores, the thrift stores would give you almost the same thing and at a very affordable price as well.
- Considering altering your old clothes – Considering the theme and pattern of the party, you may opt to alter your old clothes as well. You can use laces, ribbons or any other colorful stripes as per your preference. It is a one-off occasion and you can save considerable money on your attire this way. Further, it will also give you the opportunity to customize your outfit as per your choice at the rave. Be sure to be as unique and artistic as possible.
- Try tight outfit – At the gothic, both the men and women shouldn’t just straightaway try to wear tight clothes. Rather, they should choose the type which looks good on them. However, tight clothes are highly desirable and the people with loose clothes really look out of place at such funky venues.
- The right type of footwear – At such parties, both men and women should look to wear high boots. Black is the most appropriate color and it usually goes well with most of the attires. However, there are some fashion conscious Goths who highly prefer to wear dress shoes as well at the venue.
- Hairstyle – There is a myth or a misconception, especially among ladies that they have to dye their hair for the party. But, it isn’t true at all. You can go with your natural hair and can try all sorts of different and funky hairstyles. Its better to go with the style with which you are more comfortable.